10 tips for effective note-taking
Here the ten tips for interpreters to collect information from speakers:
1.Take down only essential points and listen for signal words or important concepts.
2. Names,debates and numbers, titles, quotes.
3. Reduce your notes down into key points and summarize then in your own words.
4. Forget spelling and grammar.Focus on gathering and recording information. Noting down verb tense.
5. Use simple symbols to represent ideas
6. Emphasis and stress.
7. Note the first sentence of each new ideas with care.
8. Links between ideas.
9. Create your own notation style.
10. Use abbreviation actively. Must have background knowledge about abbreviations of common international organizations.
* Taking note with the target language.